Apart from charging you up for the day, tea helps in weight loss and stress reduction. No matter what the season, tea can be a tasty beverage since it can be served iced or hot. Which type of tea you drink can make a difference. All non-herbal teas are made from the leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant. The amount of time the leaves are processed determines whether you end up with a green, black or oolong tea.
Here is a summary of health benefits by different types of tea that you’ll want to try.
Green Tea: Green Tea leaves are more oxidize than white tea but less than oolong and black tea. Its benefits include:
- Green tea lowers cholesterol and inhibits the increase of blood pressure
- It suppresses the formation of plaque on teeth and prevents cavities.
- Green tea’s catechins also inhibits cancer growth
White Tea: Unlike the black tea, which is oxidized the most, white tea is least oxidized. This type of tea has the most medicinal elements intact. The benefits of the tea include:
- Up to 20% of the white tea leaf is made of catechins which are very potent anti-oxidant.
- White tea also helps in reducing cholesterol and slows the increase of blood pressure.
- It retards the growth of bacteria that causes infectious, pneumonia and dental caries.
- White tea helps keep your skin acne-free. It is widely used in beauty and cosmetic products.
Mint Tea: Peppermint and Spearmint are caffeine free and is good for digestion. It’s other benefits include:
- It relieves nausea and reduces flatulence
- Peppermint teas can help to reduce the pain of headaches associated with menstrual cramps.
- The smell of mint can open blocked of breathing passage and can prove helpful to people suffering from asthma.